What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG AD integration where User is in a different Domain as PRTG

Votes:

Hello,

i'm currently testing PRTG and my last Test belongs to AD integration which fails. I would like to double check if it is still no supported if PRTG belongs to AD "A" where the User itself belongs to AD "B".

So for example: PRTG belongs to AD "A" and here we have created the UserGroup and added the Member which belongs to AD "B"

If not is there any Plan to have it in the future?

Regards JJ

add-feature domain user

Created on Jan 20, 2020 4:42:12 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Jonas,

Your assumption is correct. At present, PRTG does not support trusted domains or AD subdomains. Also, it's not planned to support this in near future.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 21, 2020 11:58:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

please allow me an additonal Question. As PRTG doesn't support AD Integaration in a way we need to have, is it possible to have a password policy implemented like:

Changed at least x days, password between x and y character long and using upper-, lowercase, numbers and optional special character to meet minimum security?

If not unfortunately we can chosse PRTG as Monitoring.

Regards JJ

Created on Jan 21, 2020 1:19:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Jonas,

Unfortunately, there is no such level in the password complexity for local PRTG user accounts. The password must be at least 8 characters long, must contain a number, and a capital letter, but there is no mandatory to change it after x days at present.
If you integrate PRTG with your AD though, you can enforce this policy level here. This however with in mind that PRTG does only support one AD.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 23, 2020 8:41:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, The latest version of PRTG offers trust relationship management ? Thank you for your reply

Best, Jean-Philippe

Created on Mar 28, 2023 8:19:19 AM

Votes:

Hi, thanks for your question. Currently, there is no out-of-the-box solution for this in PRTG, however you could potentially achieve this with a PowerShell script reading out the trust status and returning it via a custom sensor, able to show multiple channels or a more simple version with just one data channel.

Hope this helps :)

Created on Mar 31, 2023 6:15:44 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 31, 2023 6:15:58 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.