What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Receiving error on sensors for Netgear GS108T

Votes:

I am trying to monitor Netgear GS108Tinterfaces however I am getting error on some sensors.

For Sensor (003) Slot: 0 Port: 3 Gigabit - Level RMON (and Traffic), I get the following error: SNMPERR_BAD_SEC_NAME (SNMP error # -27).

The switch configuration for SNMP v3 does not have an entry for the user name for authentication, it uses the administration login password which does not have a username, would that be the issue?

error-#--27 sensor snmp

Created on Feb 2, 2020 4:13:27 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Based on the error message, the current SNMP settings for the device do not fit. You can find them in the "Settings" tab of the device in PRTG. If you are using SNMPv3 you need to enter a username.

You can also switch to SNMP v2 for testing purposes and adjust the settings in PRTG. Is it working then?

You can also test SNMP functionality with our SNMP Tester.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Feb 3, 2020 9:39:00 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.