What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Creating device from template

Votes:

Hi! When I'm deploying router device from previously created template, I'm having snmp bandwidth sensors on each port. But in my template there were a few senosrs on certain ports. What's wrong, I need a template with a few sensors, how can I create it?

bandwidth snmp template

Created on Feb 4, 2020 1:45:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Please note that there are settings than cannot be saved in a Device Template. Among of these settings are sensors that dynamically scan for available monitoring items when you add the sensor (such as Traffic sensor).

The issue with Network Adapters is that most systems will have many, the same applies to hard disks. As PRTG doesn't know "which one you want to monitor". During an auto-discovery PRTG will query the target host for a list of existing adapters/interfaces. It will then deploy one sensor per active/existing interface. This behavior cannot be changed I'm afraid.

However, this article may be of interest for you: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/70543-network-adapter-template

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Feb 5, 2020 8:11:54 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.