What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What can I do to reduce the initial synchronization time of cluster?

Votes:

I'm using PRTG with standalone mode but going to configure a cluster mode.

So I'm going to copy the primary running DB to the failover node's server in advance.

Is it right way that configuring the cluster after copying the entire data folder? (I mean that data folder is %programdata%\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor)

What can I do to reduce the initial synchronization time of cluster?

cluster clustering primary-cluster primary-master synchronization

Created on Feb 9, 2020 3:22:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

The data folder ("%programdata%\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor") contains the whole configuration, logs etc. of your installation. However I do not recommend to copy it manually to prevent issues. (if you copy it manually, your failover may be wrongly configured as master for example). After your failover connects to your master node the fist time, the configuration will always be synchronized initially automatically. I'm afraid this process cannot be fasten. These links may be also be of interest for you:

-I need help with my cluster configuration. Where do I find step-by-step instructions?
-PRTG Manual: Failover Cluster Configuration
-My Cluster is messed up. How can I start over?

With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Feb 10, 2020 11:10:24 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.