What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I enable alerts?

Votes:

Hi, How do I get PRTG to send email alerts of warnings and errors?

Thanks

alerts notifications prtg

Created on Feb 21, 2020 11:33:57 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Mark,

On object in the device tree (group, device, sensor...) you can enable different kinds of notifications.

If you are on the Overview tab of your this object, go to the Notification Triggers tab and add or select a trigger. Since you want get informed about a state change (Warning, Down). I would recommend to use a State Trigger. Notification triggers can be inherited like other settings and this inheritance can be interrupted at any time.

Please note, you need to create Notification Templates to use them for the notification.

I would also recommend to check the following Step by Step Guide for more detailed information.

Kind regards Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Feb 21, 2020 2:17:11 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 11:37:55 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.