What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification only for device with tag "printer"

Votes:

Hello,

We would like to build the following:

Our administrator for printers is registered in PRTG. All of our printers are monitored in PRTG as well and have the tag "printer". What we want is that when "SNMP Printer"-Sensor in Group A, D and C but not B gives a warning/error, this administrator receives an email with what is wrong.

I worked it out that he receives every error but I can't work it out so that he receives only errors from sensor SNMP Printer

alerts notifications printer

Created on Feb 26, 2020 4:50:57 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

i think you can manage this with the "Bibliotheken/Libraries". You can define a object there containing all sensors with specific tags.

Beside the normal alert you can define another alert in the Library.

Created on Feb 27, 2020 7:20:58 AM

Votes:

@Jonas Moldenhauer Thanks for helping out here! :)

Created on Feb 27, 2020 12:11:28 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.