What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Configuration of sensor colours

Votes:

Their needs to be a configuration option to change the colour of sensors. At the moment, those of us who are red-green colourblind like myself find it difficult to differentiate between the orange and green. The ability to tweak those colours to more suitable shades really needs to be there. From an accessibility standpoint, it is very poor and a massive oversight.

I know I'm not the first person to ask for this, so please can some serious consideration be made to implementing it?

colors prtg web-interface

Created on Feb 27, 2020 5:21:04 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG doesn't support a mode for color blind persons in default. Since you can customize PRTG with css, you can change the colors (see here). Please note we don't offer official support for this since this feature is deprecated. However the styles_custom_v2.css file where you set these changes shouldn't be modified in a PRTG update, however we cannot guarantee this.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Feb 28, 2020 12:24:23 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.