What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG - Cisco AIR-WLC4404 - Cannot monitor

Votes:

Hi All,

Cloned a working group and sensors for a WLC Cisco AIR-CT5508 for my AIR-WLC4404 Changed the ip address to the proper one. Created the snmp community string in the WLC

However the monitoring is not working

cisco-4404 monitoring prtg

Created on Feb 28, 2020 2:52:41 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hey INKally,

Do you already know our prepared device template for WLC devices? If not yet done, please give it a try.

Best regards,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Feb 28, 2020 7:20:59 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello Sven,

Unfortunately I cannot get access to the server file to add the mib file to the PRTG.

Actually I used the below OID in a SNMPcustom sensor to be able to receive the number of connected APs and clients:

• Number of connected APs: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.618.8.12.0
  • Number of Connected clients: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.618.1.8.4.0

Could you provide me with the OID values for the Number of Connected Access Points and Number of Connected clients for the Cisco WLC 4404 model ?

Thanks to advise.

Created on Feb 29, 2020 12:09:06 PM

Last change on Mar 2, 2020 12:33:42 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey INKally,

Please contact Cisco for the very right OIDs in this case. The second one appears to be used for:

This object specifies the count of AP's that are connected with WLC

Source

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 2, 2020 12:46:31 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sebastian,

Very well. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards, Ally

Created on Mar 3, 2020 4:47:58 AM

Votes:

Hello All

Admin did in fact extract the prepared template MIBs in the required folder locations as per confirmation obtained.

Now I tried to add custom sensors with the below OIDs:

1. Object ciscoLwappDot11ClientMIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.599

2. Object ciscoLwappApMIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.513

However I am now getting error " Error: #N SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHOBJECT222 ". Can you help ?

At the same time, after extracting the MIBs, should I be getting to choose different WLC components when looking for sensors ?

Many thanks, Ally

Created on Mar 25, 2020 9:25:46 PM

Votes:

Hello Ally,

Both OIDs (here and here) are just module identities and no unique OID. The ones here are table identifiers and can't be used in a SNMP Custom sensor.

Please check what OID you need precisely. In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us via email to [email protected] for further communication.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 26, 2020 3:17:41 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.