What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to have different notification triggers for off hours?

Votes:

Let's say I have a switch and I have attached a ping sensor to it that is sending pings say every 10 seconds. During the day while people are in the office, it is configured to go into error state right away once it doesn't receive any replies and also sends a notification to me at that time as well. However, I live 40 minutes from the office. During the evenings and weekends I still want to be notified if the switch goes down, but because more often then not there is no one in the office during these hours I don't need to be notified as quickly. Is it possible for me to configure two different notification triggers for the same device, and schedule with trigger applies when?

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

notifications prtg schedule

Created on Mar 2, 2020 3:27:10 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear rnorthcott,

it is possible this way:

• Via Setup / Account Settings / Notification Templates, create a new notification template.
  • On this one, and on the other one, set an activity schedule.
  • Add a notification trigger using the new notification template at the highest possible level in the device tree, in order to have the trigger be inherited to the child objects.

Created on Mar 2, 2020 5:50:50 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give that a try and see how it goes.

Created on Mar 2, 2020 5:51:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.