What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

(SNMP error # -2011)

Votes:

Hello,

Does anyone know this error? I cant find any information.

I have 2 swtiches with the same configuration regarding snmp.

Only one works with PRTG Netwok Monitor program.

The one who doesnt, i already tested with Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 and i can get info "Walk", "Custom OID".

Im confused why i have good information from SNMP tester and get "SNMP error # -2011" with PRTG Netwok Monitor program.

Both switches are in the same directorie and share the same settings.

passler-tester prtg snmp

Created on Mar 5, 2020 1:22:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey there,

If you get results in the tester for the requested OIDs, the corresponding Sensor should also work fine. Please make sure to run the tester on the same Probe server that also runs the sensor requests for an expressive testing. In addition make sure to use the same SNMP credentials in PRTG and in the tester. I usually recommend to fill in anew directly in the device settings to be sure.

For further testing, you can also open a support case, so we can analyse this further.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 6, 2020 8:41:21 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.