What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding new Perfmon Sensors in bulk using PRTG-API or other methods

Votes:

This is probably more for Lord Milko, however if there are alternative methods to implementing this I'm happy to use them instead. I'm looking to add around 170 perfmon counters per device and 10 devices in total, these would need to be split out into 5-10 sensors as well. It would be really useful to have a method to bulk upload these, however I'm not sure of how to do this without manually adding sensors per device

lorkmilko perfmon prtg-api

Created on Mar 7, 2020 9:01:54 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

By default it's not possible to add PerfCounter Sensor in bulk. I'm afraid the only nativ solution would be to add these sensors manually.

Created on Mar 9, 2020 8:42:18 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.