What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

single-click acknowledge an alarm in the MAP

Votes:

I have build some Maps..

but now our Monitoring team needs to acknowledge alarms without to go to the device tree or clicking everywhere..

now, what I need is an button that acknowledged an alarm with 1 click in the map..

acknowledge acknowledgement map-objects

Created on Mar 10, 2020 3:38:16 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for your contact.

This is an interesting request, but I am not quite sure whether this can be achieved to be honest. You would need to create some kind of button using the 'Custom HTML' map object which opens a link when being clicked.
This should be pretty straight forward, but the API call to acknowledge an error is: http://<your_prtg_server>/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=myusername&passhash=12345678 This particular API query is from the following KB-thread:
How to auto-acknowledge a down sensor in PRTG

It uses the PRTG parameter %sensorid which in this particular case replaces the object ID of the sensor with the actual ID. The example can be used to auto-acknowledge an alert using a PRTG notification.

The API call will not work in a map because the parameter can not be replaced automatically due to the different objects in a map.
You would need to have as many dedicated buttons as sensors on the map. Whether or not this is a feasible approach is something for you to decide.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 11, 2020 7:34:38 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.