What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Export Logs

Votes:

I'm looking to please have the feature added where no matter what devices you are on you can export the logs to a friendly format like PDF or HTML, so it can be send to others to view.

logs pdf prtg

Created on Mar 16, 2020 2:47:41 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

What logs are you referring to here? History data? Object log? Object history? :)

Created on Mar 17, 2020 7:13:05 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The logs for devices that are under groups, but really it would be nice to be able to export logs from all the above that you listed.

Created on Mar 17, 2020 1:32:42 PM

Votes:

You might want to check out PRTGapi and it's export functionality. PowerShell can be used to format the object tables into HTML tables or CSV (see ConvertTo-HTML and ConvertTo-CSV).

Created on Mar 18, 2020 6:26:46 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm looking for a built in feature. Not having to jump threw hoops to export some logs.

Created on Mar 19, 2020 5:26:19 PM

Votes:

Unfortunately, this is the way to do it. PRTGapi can be very powerful in that regard, you could also automate it if you use scheduled tasks for example. However, as of now, due to PRTG's ...aged API, this cannot be done better as of now, I'm afraid.

Believe me when I say that the hoop in this case is your best option to get out the logs in a convenient format.

Created on Mar 20, 2020 7:35:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Will you be adding an easy export feature?

I'll give this current option a try.

Thanks

Created on Mar 20, 2020 1:36:59 PM

Votes:

We're currently working on a new REST based API, which might give us some leverage there, but I can't make any promises here :)

Created on Mar 23, 2020 6:58:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.