What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SonicWall SSL VPN User monitor

Votes:

Hello, Has anyone figure out a way to monitor the active SSL VPN user count on a SonicWall with PRTG? This is one of the numbers that can be found under the User Monitor screen. I've looked through the SonicWall MIB's for an OID associated with this metric, and I'm just not finding it anywahere.

Anyone have success with this one?

Thanks in advance.

sonicwall ssl vpn

Created on Mar 24, 2020 12:02:07 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

All available OIDs for SonicWall are available here. With our MIB Importer you can import these to PRTG. Afterwards you need to create a SNMP Library sensor and choose the imported OIDLIB.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Mar 24, 2020 8:59:23 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This may be helpful to others trying to do this.

SonicWall never finished the MIB for their products, meaning it stops just short of the OID's for SSL-VPN. This was confirmed from an escalated ticket to SonicWEall support on this.

I was able to get it working using a Customer EXE/Script sensor and a script that SSH'd into the SonicWall, and did a 'sh ssl-vpn sessions' command. I then parsed the output.

Created on Apr 25, 2020 10:58:10 PM

Votes:

Hello,

We would appreciate if you share this here, so other users facing the same problem can profit from this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Apr 27, 2020 2:50:32 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Gentlemen, I also need to monitor VPN users. Was there such a sensor or configuration in the MIB with SonicWall's OID?

Created on Aug 13, 2020 1:59:30 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Please contact the vendor of your hardware and ask here if they can provide you the desired MIB file. With our MIB Importer you can import these to PRTG. Afterwards you need to create a SNMP Library sensor and choose the imported OIDLIB.

Created on Aug 14, 2020 8:50:59 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.