What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Long running Exe-XML Sensor in Powershell (> 5 Mins)

Votes:

We are working with one ExeXml Sensor, written in Powershell. This Sensor runs more than 5 to 10 Minutes. So we are asking, what happens to this long running process, if we doe another "ask Sensor Value now" (don't know the exact Phrase for it, caue we use the german Version, where it is called "jetzt abfragen"). Does this stop trhe actual process, which did not yet finish and start a new process? Or does it start a second, parallel process - wich i do not assume?

Thx for helping

Dominik

longrunning sensor

Created on Mar 31, 2020 10:21:36 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Dominik,

By pressing the "Scan now" / "jetzt abfragen"- button the existing thread will be stopped and a new process will be started.

Created on Apr 1, 2020 9:19:24 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 2, 2020 4:13:19 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Timo,

thank you - Paesler Responses are so quick ;-))

Created on Apr 1, 2020 10:51:14 AM

Votes:

Makes me almost curious what PowerShell script for PRTG monitoring would run up to 10 minutes.. that's a really long time.. Seems almost to long to believe..

Not sure if you want to share some insight there.. Might be something I would need as well..

Florian

Created on Apr 1, 2020 2:16:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.