What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reactivating unlicensed sensors

Votes:

Hi, folks. I'm setting up PRTG to monitor my network and home lab. I installed the trial, but neglected to remove sensors in excess of 100 before the trial reverted to the Free license, at which time PRTG arbitrarily decided which sensors it was going to disable to satisfy the 100 sensor limit.

I would now like to reactivate some of those disabled sensors, but even after manually disabling some of the active sensors, I cannot seem to resume any of the "Sensor not licensed" sensors.

Is this how it's supposed to work, or am I missing something? Do I have to actually delete sensors to get down below 100? Are those excess sensors permanently disabled, meaning I need to remove and rediscover them, or should I be able to resume them once I'm down below the 100 threshold?

Thanks! Jon.

freeware license licensing prtg sensors

Created on Apr 1, 2020 6:01:38 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Jon! Enjoy our Freeware!

You do not need to re-discover the sensors. You just need to pause enough sensors, which you do not need, PRTG will then resume the sensors which got paused by the license limitation.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 1, 2020 9:00:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, Felix. I had tried manually pausing a few, but perhaps some of the other "not licensed" sensors automatically resumed when I freed up slots, because I was still unable to resume the ones I actually wanted. I wound up going through and manually disabling all the "not licensed" and active sensors that I didn't want, after which I was finally able to resume the ones I did want.

Thanks, Jon.

Created on Apr 2, 2020 5:23:22 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.