What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom map easy item link

Votes:

Hi,

In custom map its useful to be able to click on item to get to the sensor/device the item come from, but making the link to themselves can be a real waste of time when making a map with hundred of items...

Si i request a little checkbox (or something) in the item property where when checked it auto-add the link to himself to the current item.

Thanks !

add-feature custom-map feature-request

Created on Apr 8, 2020 12:56:30 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

You do not need to configure the link manually. Except for the "Custom HTML"-map object, every map object is linked to the corresponding sensor/device automatically: You can simply click on the map object to get to the sensor/device.

Created on Apr 9, 2020 11:29:33 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Its not the case for "item status without name" or any graph, and maybe other i don't use. (but i agree, for some, the link is default made when you click on the item)

Created on Apr 9, 2020 11:36:48 AM

Votes:

Hi,

I could reproduce the issue using a map object "item status without name" with a sensor, however the link is working using a device with the exact same map object. I think this might be a bug in the latest version 20.1.57.1786. I will forward this issue to our developers, so that they can have a look here.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Apr 10, 2020 8:29:10 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 10, 2020 8:39:22 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.