What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I just paused 1 server for 3hr - Need notification email

Votes:

Please suggest option for each actions like

notification disabled
notification auto re-reanabled
new server added
server removed
new check added

etc...

I would like to get an email notification , Please suggest thanks

alerts email notifications

Created on Apr 8, 2020 9:56:55 PM

Last change on Apr 10, 2020 4:36:49 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Gotcha on you paused one sensor for three hours. But for what scenarios precisely do you need notifications? What do you mean with "new check added" and the other scenarios precisely?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 10, 2020 4:38:19 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your reply @sebastian , what i mentioned is just one eg, ie if someone does activities of change like pause the notification of alerts says may be that person is doing OS patching. Now i would like to get notified like

" User XYZ did paused notification for Server PQR & justifcation was yyyy, paused for 3 hr "

Created on Apr 10, 2020 5:15:06 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Such notification scenarios are unfortunately not possible.
Please find an overview over the possibilities here.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 10, 2020 9:40:36 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.