What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to have an alarm of capacity an interface

Votes:

Hi There How can I have an alarm for Intefrace capacity to Capacity Management? Thanks Best Regaurd

alarm capacity interface

Created on Apr 11, 2020 4:43:08 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thank you for your post.

You will first need to set channel limits for the sensor, so he goes Down once the set limit is reached. Then you need to set up a notification trigger so that you get a notification when the sensor is in Down state. You can set this trigger on a device/group level and have the sensor inherit it, or set a trigger directly in the sensor.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 13, 2020 8:18:23 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I want to define a threshold for the percentage of use of link capacity, for example, for an interface with capacity of 10 Gb, i want to define %90 of threshould to have an alert when the traffic get 9Gb or above

Created on Apr 14, 2020 5:17:48 AM

Votes:

You can do this by going to the channel settings of the "Traffic Total" channel and select the option "Display in percent of maximum". Here you can enter the the maximum value for the channel (in your case 10 Gb), afterwards you can set the upper limit in percent.

Created on Apr 14, 2020 10:18:35 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

sorry this way doesnt my solution i want to have an alarm based on the percentage of link bandwidth usag

Created on Apr 18, 2020 8:17:50 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

If you use the option mentioned by my colleague, you can set the maximum and therefore the corresponding percentage is returned. It's not possible to get this automatically. Afterwards, you can set a threshold in the channel settings for this returned percentage based value.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 20, 2020 4:24:48 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.