What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

snmptraffic in template

Votes:

Hi! I create my own template for switch, and add to this snmptraffic: <create id="snmptraffic" kind="snmptraffic" meta="portscan" requires="snmp"/>

but, when template is apply to device, added only active interfaces. I want all interfaces to be added.

switch template traffic-sensor

Created on Apr 15, 2020 6:12:01 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Vozdr,

the Auto-Discovery will add a SNMP Traffic Sensor for each interface (that hasn't already a sensor), which has traffic counters above 0. Regardless if the interface is connected or not. I'm afraid that cannot be changed or configured (not in device templates as well).

So, in order to add active interfaces only, please add the sensor manually. Here you can choose if PRTG should deploy sensors for active non-active or both status.

Best regards,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Apr 16, 2020 4:15:08 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.