What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Robocopy script returns "Access denied" or "The username and password is incorrect

Votes:

Hello, I am running a simple robocopy script to make a back up of a folder from my Server (where we installed the PRTG core server) to a NAS, as the following:

Robocopy
ServerAddress\WorkingFolder\
NASAddress\BackupFolder /COPY:DAT /B /MIR \LOG:C\RBLOG.TXT

The file is saved as robocopy.bat, placed in the Notification/EXE folder of the PRTG, as instructed.

The error was follow:

ERROR 1326 (0x0000052E) Creating Destination Directory
NASAddress\RMBACKUP\ The user name or password is incorrect.

According to Microsoft, the /COPY:DAT is a default, require no username/password to execute the script. I run the script manually in the Server and it works just fine

I did not specify Username and Password in the "Execute Program" setting though. If I must, what is the username/password then?

Could anyone show me how to make this work? Thank you

error execute-program script-username-and-password

Created on Apr 22, 2020 3:22:39 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

You need to enter credentials of an administrator for the target device to execute the script out of PRTG.

Kind regards,
Marijan Horsky, Team Tech Support.

Created on Apr 23, 2020 8:59:31 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey Marijan,

In addition to user/password, it is actually required to as well use the /COPY:DAT to copy to the NAS. As my NAS does not accept secure NTFS, Owner and Auditing info, so if I put /COPY:DATSOU, it won't work even with username/pass

But thanks for the advice Cheers

Created on Apr 23, 2020 2:46:40 PM

Votes:

Hi James,

PRTG must be able to execute the script and therefore PRTG need an username and password.

Created on Apr 23, 2020 4:18:15 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.