What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Google Drive File Stream

Votes:

Hello, We have G Suite package with Google, which include a Google Drive for business, using the software called Google Drive File Stream to upload/synchronize the files between our local server and the Google Drive. But we cannot find the sensor to monitor the status (connect/disconnect/free space, etc...) of this Google Drive. Is there such a sensor that work? The knowledge Base has something about Google Drive but it was dated back in 2012 and the files were no longer exist due to Google Policy change. Thank you in advance

drive-file-stream google-drive monitor-g-suite

Created on Apr 23, 2020 7:07:23 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already take a look on our Google Driver Sensor?

Created on Apr 23, 2020 10:25:21 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

There is an error when I was trying to get the OAuth2:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In

Any idea?

Created on Apr 23, 2020 2:44:07 PM

Votes:

Did you already checked your google account whether a verification requests is available?

Created on Apr 24, 2020 6:11:25 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I look at the Admin Console but did not find anything like "verification request" in there. Any particular features that I need to look for? Thanks

Created on Apr 24, 2020 4:02:49 PM

Votes:

Sometimes, google want a verification if a new device, from a new location request access. Please check if such a email/request is listed in your google account.

Created on Apr 27, 2020 8:51:13 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I called and spoke to our Google support and they advised me that, the PRTG code has not been verified therefore, they do not have any verification info about the code? Am I missing anything in here? Thanks

Created on Apr 28, 2020 3:17:48 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

The error message you received "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In" means that PRTG could connect to google, however, google rejects the connection for security reasons. Therefore, please check whether other applications are allowed to access the google account.

Created on Apr 28, 2020 10:01:28 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

There are plenty of tools that could help you monitor your file stream. I found one while reading this article about g suite admin roles and responsibilities. I think they were talking about Google Drive Sensor, which was mentioned above.

Created on Sep 18, 2020 1:15:24 PM

Votes:

good

Created on May 25, 2023 10:46:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.