What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Automatic hourly reporting

Votes:

automatic report sent every hour, how can i get prtg to send me reports within a certain time example every day starting at 9:00 am ending at 6:00 pm every hour does it generate and send? send one at 10 am another 11 am another 12 am until 6 pm I already created the schedule, from 09:00 to 18:00 he sends every hour, but he doesn't get the data in just every hour

prtg-api report reporting reports

Created on Apr 23, 2020 9:48:51 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Daniel,

please clarify in which sense you don't get the data in just every hour.

Created on Apr 24, 2020 3:20:40 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

he sends the first at 09:00 containing the content only from 08: 00-09: 00 and that's correct, but when he will send me again at 10:00 he sends with information from 8:00 until 10:00, he send me hourly, but with information from the beginning of 08:00

Created on Apr 24, 2020 4:24:16 PM

Votes:

Dear Daniel,

that is correct, as the smallest possible period is 1 day.

The overall demand for creating reports in slices of single hours is currently not there to add an hour-option for the "Period" setting. Getting reports covering only the last hour is not possible out of the box.

While one cannot create those reports, one could extract the sensor data through the PRTG API.

Created on Apr 27, 2020 12:33:15 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 27, 2020 12:33:37 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.