What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Warning Status Sensor Factory

Votes:

Hi there,

I have a sensor factory I have implemented. I am looking to have three statuses. Basically Up, Down and Warning

In this particular example the servers are grouped as follows:

App/DB Server - Ping (18406), App Server Service (20480), SQL Service (20481)

Client Server - Ping (18868), RDP (20482)

RDS Cluster - SRV1 RDP (20437) , SRV2 RDP (20438).

I am wondering if it is possible to do the following:

Anything in App or DB reports Down RDS Cluster if one goes down trigger Warning if both are down trigger Down Client Server if it goes down trigger a Warning.

I cant seem anything to assist me with setting this up or to see if it is even possible.

factory-sensor prtg server

Created on Apr 27, 2020 2:03:00 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

For this you can use our Business Process sensor. With this sensor you can combine different states of the sensors and add individual limits.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Apr 28, 2020 8:59:37 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.