What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor RPKI Validation

Votes:

Hi,

I use PRTG to monitor my BGP routers in AS. I have a Cisco ASR1100 without RPKI-ROUTER-MIB support.

Is there an alternative way to check the validation of the routes?

My RPKI Server is a debian based with RIPE RPKI Validator 3 service.

Thanks!

linux-services routes rpki

Created on May 5, 2020 2:51:28 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Jacopo Canovi,

if you can access the system via SSH, you could write a script to query the status and integrate it via the SSH Script Advanced sensor.

Created on May 5, 2020 7:55:55 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the answer but the RPKI Validator 3 is a particular service. I have only a https page where he display all data. I dont Have any command from shell I can do for retrive information from this service.

Created on May 11, 2020 3:27:12 PM

Votes:

Dear Jacopo,

in case that output is XML or JSON, you can have a look at the Rest Custom sensor. Otherwise, it would be more complex: You could write a script which reads the HTTP content and parses it, and create a PRTG compatible output.

Created on May 12, 2020 2:41:36 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.