What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

E-Mail Sensor (monitor the Amount of send E-Mails over a specific time)

Votes:

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit die Anzahl der gesendeten E-Mail über einen gewissen Zeitraum zu überwachen? Der Hintergrund ist folgender: Wenn ein E-Mail Account eines Benutzers gehackt werden sollte und der Angreifer darüber 1000 E-Mails in ein paar Minuten versendet, möchte ich einen Alarm bekommen, damit ich den betroffenen Account sperren kann. Wir setzen Exchange 2019 als E-Mail Server ein. -------------------- Is there a way to monitor the number of emails sent over a period of time? The background is as follows: If a user's email account is hacked and the attacker sends 1000 emails in a few minutes, I want to receive an alert so that I can block the affected account. We use Exchange 2019 as our email server.

email sensor smtp

Created on May 5, 2020 2:57:36 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear bartek,

the build-in Exchange sensors in PRTG can monitor many things, including mailboxes, but not directly the number of sent emails over time. Also, the sensors in PRTG don't support Exchange 2019.

In the foreseeable future, a lot of new sensors overall are planned, but for the time being no further Exchange sensors.

Created on May 5, 2020 7:21:46 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply. But I found that you can monitor the mail Queue: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exchange_mail_queue_sensor

Can you give us an approximate time frame when this feature will be available for Exchange 2019?

Created on May 6, 2020 8:23:46 AM

Votes:

There's unfortunately no ETA on this - sorry! :(

Created on May 6, 2020 11:42:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.