What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I am able to a custom scripted sensor that automatically generates a fi

Votes:

I am able to a custom scripted sensor that automatically generates a file every 17 seconds with sensor data on partition d: I want it to generate a .txt with the data from that sensor locally and remotely

data-created exe-script-advanced-sensor exe-script-sensor powershell remote-powershell

Created on May 6, 2020 1:44:50 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Could you please let me know which data are you generating?

Created on May 6, 2020 12:20:37 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've been testing with the load option exe / Script advanced (Custom) I made a PowerShell ISE .ps1 file and tested with .bat files but the Base question is I can add some lines of code where the Prtg supervises a sensor, for example if the hard disk is full and each time it monitors it generates a file in a windows directory? For example, give the code the PRTG MONITOR NETWORKING read the code I added and tell me in a text file that such is the hard disk on the desktop creating by giving a name Disk_State.txt

Created on May 6, 2020 8:45:04 PM

Votes:

Hi,

This has to be configured in your script as you cannot manage it within PRTG.

Created on May 7, 2020 5:01:47 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.