What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG server default port: Is it possible to change?

Votes:

Hello, I know internally, PRTG use port 443 (https://) We plan to use our VPN server which also use port 443 for TCP so it would conflict with the PRTG server when we implement it Is it possible to change this port 443 in PRTG server to something else, especially when I am accessing the Server from outside LAN network? Thank you for the newbie question

change-default-port default-port port-443-how-to-change

Created on May 6, 2020 5:30:59 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

James,

Yes, you can make this change by going to Setup -> System Administration -> User Interface -> Web Server.

From there, you can select Expert Configuration for the TCP Port for Web Server section. You can change the port there.

When you save this, the PRTG Core Server service will need to restart. It will then run on the new port you assigned.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on May 6, 2020 6:00:46 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello,

today we upgraded to version 21.4.73.1656+ and wanted to try out the new Alpha UI. Unfortunately, the port used 8443 conflicts with the port of our other application installed on this server. I did not find the possibility to change this port anywhere in the settings - is it even possible?

Thank you. Jirka

Created on Dec 7, 2021 5:30:34 PM

Votes:

Jiri,

For the Alpha UI, you will need to make the change in the PRTG Administration Tool. Open that tool, which is installed on the core server, and click on the Webserver tab. From there you can change the port.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 8, 2021 6:05:40 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello Benjamin,

but in PRTG administration Tools I can only change the port for the standard HTTPS interface on port 443, right? Nowhere did I find the ability to customize the port for the new Aplha interface that runs on port 8443 by default.

Jirka

Created on Dec 8, 2021 11:39:19 AM

Votes:

Ok, I tried to stop our software that uses port 8443, restart the whole server and try to access the link for the new Alpha UI again. https://xxx.xxxxxxx.cz:8443 and again it ends with an error:

This site is not available xxxx.xxxxxxx.xx refused to connect. Try: Check the connection Check proxy server and firewall ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

All three Paessler services run (Core, Probe, Application server) and no firewall is deployed to block port 8443.

Jirka

Created on Dec 8, 2021 11:48:37 AM

Last change on Dec 10, 2021 10:02:30 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Jiri,

Let me check with my developers to see if this is possible.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 9, 2021 12:10:44 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Jiri,

There is currently no supported way to configure the port that the appserver uses for the new UI and API. Rather the secondary port is used. Unfortunately it seems that there is a bug because the core doesn't check if the secondary port is already taken and takes a different one if so. We will open a bugfix for this.

Can you please open a support ticket, and send us logs to assist with the other issues?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 13, 2021 8:33:23 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.