What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there any way to show 24h graphs that always begin at 00:00?

Votes:

Basically, what I'd like to view are graphs that always begin at 00:00, making it easier to compare saved/exported graphs (as they all are starting at the same time of day), or graphs that always being at 00:00 to make it easier to observe what's going on throughout the current workday. This would also mean having access to i.e. weekly graphs that are from Mon 00:00 to Sun 24:00. Or monthly graphs running from day 1 to the last day of the month.

The values you can set in the PRTG admin settings are quite arbitrary (i.e. 4 hours 240 values, 1 day 1 min avg, etc), and are directly related to PRTG's internal processing and handling of data. But these values don’t necessarily make much sense in the practical manner of presenting the data to humans and our own time scales (days, week, months, etc.).

I know that you can use i.e. "sdate=2020-05-05-00-00-00&edate=2020-05-05-24-00-00" in the URL of the graphs, but I'm looking for a way to do this directly in PRTG's web UI (or in the maps).

Is there any way to use dynamic URLs to show these types of graphs based on today's date, or even the current week (beginning at previous Monday 00:00?).

If not, I would really like to see this as a feature. I've been holding off for a few years, sort of hoping that you would incorporate this in the web interface without having to ask for it. But it seems like this isn’t happening :-) so I'm requesting this as a feature request. I'm quite sure a large portion of users would like to see this as well. A date marker (i.e. a red line) at 24:00 would be lovely as well.

24hour custom date graphs

Created on May 7, 2020 12:48:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Since I'm afraid to tell you that it is still working as you described, please open a feature request for it.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team tech Support ​ ​

Created on May 7, 2020 2:56:16 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.