What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DHCP Status Monitoring

Votes:

I am wondering if there is a way to monitoring 85+ DHCP Scopes on one DHCP Server. I am looking to monitoring all of our DHCP Scopes for Lease Availability we also have a second DHCP server that is in a failover configuration. I want to be able to monitoring that in some way as well.

I looked at the following article https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/11433-how-to-monitor-windows-dhcp-scope-release#reply-249837 I cannot seem to get any of these scripts to work. I am assuming these scripts are intended for a single DHCP Scope.

checkdhcp dhcp powershell remote-powershell

Created on May 7, 2020 12:52:50 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

You are right. The script is only for one scope per sensor. Please take also a look here for a script for the DHCP scope status.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on May 8, 2020 12:29:25 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I found that article shortly after I submitted this KB and managed to get that working. Thanks!

Created on May 8, 2020 12:33:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.