What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exporting CPU temp & Fan Speed from Windows 10 to PRTG?

Votes:

I'm running PRTG on a Dell Optiplex 3070 to monitor various things on my home network.

I'm also running a few other things on the machine and have noticed that it occassionally gets quite warm.

I'd like PRTG to be able to log the CPU temperature(s) and Fan speed so I can monitor it and alert if it reaches a certain threshold. I thought this would have been very easy, but it appears not.

I've installed HWinfo64 and several other similar tools, and can see that these report on several temperature sensors in the system, and I can also get some temperature stats via powershell but I can't seem to find a way to expose these stats to PRTG either via WMI or SNMP.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to do this? I've checked to see if the Motherboard has a built-in MIB, and it doesn't seem to.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated!

prtg snmp temperature wmi

Created on May 7, 2020 7:26:01 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

The SNMP Dell PowerEdge System Health Sensor can be used to monitor the temperature on Dell Poweredge systems. I'm not quite sure if these OID's are working in your case, however you can try using them on your Dell Optiplex as well.

If you are able to get your desired values via powershell, you can also create custom Powershell sensors.

Created on May 8, 2020 6:18:22 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.