What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Push notification Android when not connected to PRTG server

Votes:

I have installed the PRTG app on my phone. I have also set up push notifications. Our PRTG server is only available when on corporate WIFI or via VPN. I will get notifications when "offline", but I only see part of the notification. If I press it to see the details the PRTG app opens, but I get a blank screen and the app is trying to connect to the server. Now the notification is also "gone" from my phone.

Could you 1) Add the possibility to see the entire notification even when not connected to PRTG server and 2) Add the possibility to see see the notification history (last x notifications) when offline

or if this is already possible explain how to make it work?

android offline prtg push-notifications

Created on May 15, 2020 9:40:04 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Push notifications at their core are simply a way of alerting users to information that they have opted-in to from apps and services. Since the Push notifications are linked to the Core Server the app shows the blank screen if you are not connected with your network when selecting them. I would recommend to customize the Push notification to keep them simple. In the notification template where you configured the Push notification you can use placeholders.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on May 15, 2020 1:53:52 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.