This article applies as of PRTG 20.2.59
What is the trial feedback form and how to disable it
With PRTG 20.2.59, we have integrated a feedback form into PRTG. The survey is aimed at trial users and is focused on their first impression of PRTG. The goal is to improve PRTG and the trial experience in the future.
Note: The survey does not collect any personal or license-related information. The survey is only displayed for a small percentage of users. Once the trial feedback form has been clicked away, it is not displayed again for that user.
You can disable the feedback form for all users at any time. Just follow the instructions below:
- Open the Registry Editor on the PRTG core server system as administrator.
- Navigate to the following key:
|32-bit||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Server\Core|
|64-bit||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Server\Core|
- Right-click and select New | DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter DisableTrialFeedbackForm as name.
- Double-click DisableTrialFeedbackForm and edit Value data. Enter either 0 (trial feedback form displayed) or 1 (trial feedback form not displayed).
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
Note: Using this registry hack disables the trial feedback form for all user accounts on the corresponding PRTG core server.