What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

“Acknowledge” disappears after pause

Votes:

Hello! We use PRTG 20. When the sensor status is “down”, we marked it “acknowledge”. Then the device paused according to the schedule. After a pause, the sensor returns to the “down” status again, but the “acknowledge” mark disappears. Is this normal system behavior? In version 16, the “acknowledge” did not disappear after a pause.

acknowledged not-acknowledge pause unpause

Created on May 21, 2020 1:31:32 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The behavior is expected here. Pausing the sensor mean that the state switches to paused and the sensor is no longer down. If the sensor gets resumed it is simply a "new" down state that is no acknowledged.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on May 22, 2020 12:09:27 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have the same question and my problem is that, since we have a Notification Trigger set, the new down status triggers the notification that we have a down device. Is there a way that the acknowledge be retain or the down will not notify?

Thanks.

Created on Feb 11, 2022 6:25:54 AM

Votes:

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is no option to keep the acknowledge state if the sensor gets paused and therefore it will trigger the notification. There is no workaround for that.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 11, 2022 9:56:37 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.