What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI sensors can't be read

Votes:

the last weeks I have the following problem

In my office network I have my PRTG monitoring computer and some other ones. In our datacenter, wich is in another location, anothe IPsegmet that is connected through a LAN2LAN VPN i have my servers that are monitorred over the last weeks every day more servers were not reachable for the probe I have checked firewall and antivirus setting for the remote machines but cannot find why they don't respond. also the WMI-test utility tells me that they are not reachable. all the local machines do respond well.

How can I make the remote machines accessible for WMI querying from my Probe?

prtg remote-ip-segment wmi

Created on May 25, 2020 4:52:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear JanDirk,

for the WMI issues, please go through this article. It describes the prerequisites and serves as portal for further troubleshooting.

Created on May 25, 2020 7:08:34 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.