What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Script to get data from webpage

Votes:

Hi all, I'm trying PRTG to replace our old nagios monitoring and I'm very happy how easy and well documented this tool are.

Anyway I need some help to get the temperature value from an environmental sensor made for Nagios (eesensor). The sensor haven't snmp/telnet/ssh, only HTTP with only one row in the page with temperature and humnidity and illumination:

aN022631TC: 26.6HU:42.5%IL: 0.3

I've ask to support and they told me that I need a powershell script like this, but the script world out of the support: $site = invoke-webrequest IPadress $site.content

I tried to do it all alone, but I'm not a "script-guru", can someone give me a little help?

Thanks in advance

exexml prtg script

Created on May 27, 2020 7:32:28 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Please take a look at this site where we describe how the response have to look like. I would recommend to use something like regular expression to cut out the values and place them into the defined output.

Created on May 27, 2020 12:48:37 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.