What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMS delivery, do I need to acknowledge?

Votes:

Hello ppl at Paessler

I connected the SMS delivery feature of PRTG to Node-RED using its core 'http in' node. When I send a test message I sucessfully receive it but I notice PRTG resends it a few times. Do I need to acknowledge back in some way so PRTG knows the message has been received and stop resending?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I know 'nulla' about http requests.

Thanks a lot.

Tales.

node-red nodered sms

Created on May 29, 2020 7:57:47 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Tales,

Could you send us screenshots of your notification settings as well as of "Logs > System Events > Notification related" after performing a test via mail to [email protected], so we can take a closer look here?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Jun 1, 2020 7:52:47 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Timo,

Thank you for your reply. A little after posting I realized I should include a HTTP out node in my flow to reply to the request. After that the repeated messages went away. I was waiting for my post to come online so I could edit it.

On the logs there's nothing indicating the message was sent multiple times. I conclude the repetitions were being generated by the browser while waiting for a reply for the GET request.

Have a nice week! Tales Tramontina Farroupilha S.A.

Created on Jun 1, 2020 10:35:34 AM

Votes:

Hello Tales,

Glad you could solve the issue already. Thank you for sharing the solution here.

Have a nice week as well!

Created on Jun 1, 2020 12:29:06 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.