What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why does my User Groups appear in my Device Tree list ?

Votes:

When I add a User Group as well as appear in the usual User Group pages in the System Administration the name of the group also appears in the Device Tree under the local probe (at the bottom of the list..) with the "Add Device" tab next to it. Why does PRTG add it to the device list ? I am not sure I understand the point when the User Groups would be managed through the System Administration area/ Thanks

device-tree user-group user-groups

Created on Jun 2, 2020 9:42:15 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

I have to tell you that this is by design, as stated in the documentation:

"By default, there are no access rights defined on objects for a newly created user group. Initially, users in this user group do not see any objects in the device tree except the automatically created [group_name] home group for which they have write access."

If you have configured your user-groups to have access to all/other objects in the device-tree, you can delete these groups.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer -Team Tech Support

Created on Jun 2, 2020 1:46:09 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.