What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problems with LDAPs sensors

Votes:

In order to monitor two domaincontrollers in a customers LAN, I added the LDAP(s) sensor for each server. Both sensors were configured exactly the same way. At the moment they are in an error state but the errormessages are different.

One says: "The server is not working"

The other one says: "Username or password incorrect"

Im using LDAP over SSL on default port 636. I also tested it with another user but that is not working either.

Thanks for help!

ldap ldaps prtg prtg-network-monitor

Created on Jun 2, 2020 12:15:19 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please make sure that a domain administrator is configured for the corresponding device in the settings. In addition, you can check if the SSL certificate is valid, by adding a SSL certificate sensor to the corresponding devices.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 3, 2020 8:42:48 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the answer, I'll try that. Yes, the domain administrator is configured in the device settings.

Is the spelling of the distinguished name correct? cn=prtg,ou=users,dc=mydomain,dc=local

Created on Jun 3, 2020 1:56:08 PM

Votes:

Hi Jannik,

Yes, the spelling of the distinguished name seems to be fine.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 4, 2020 1:00:28 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same problem at my site. Only the non SSL works fine. Default-Settings used at port 636. Tried different DN's but same result.

Any news on this or a KB article how to solve this?

Created on Feb 12, 2021 10:53:56 AM

Votes:

Meanwhile it's workling fine for me. To be honest, I just forgot one part of the Distinguished Name :D Found it out by activating the Advanced Features in my AD Users and Groups Editor, rightclicked the user I specified in the sensor settings in PRTG, opened properties and navigated to the attribute editor. There you can see the exact DN.

Created on Feb 12, 2021 11:41:47 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.