What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ConnectWise Manage Integration

Votes:

We have PRTG email notifications to ConnectWise Manage, but we don't get any smarts like auto closing issues that have been resolved and due to the way notification windows are set, we have to get recurring notifications which creates additional tickets.

Is there any chance of doing an integration with ConnectWise? It seems there are a number of organizations that use both platforms. I have no idea what would be involved, but since PRTG already has a ticketing system built in, it would seem that it could sync those tickets to an external database as well.

connectwise integrations notifications tickets

Created on Jun 4, 2020 3:27:29 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Connecting the ticket system is not possible. Instead of email notification you may configure HTTP calls which are executed in the notification template. With this you may Please take a look at here for more detailed information about custom HTTP notifications.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jun 5, 2020 8:09:24 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would greatly appreciate an integration with ConnectWise. Closing/updating tickets and being able to map tickets to a particular company would be a game changer for my MSP company. In fact, if these features were present, I would make PRTG my primary network monitoring tool (along with purchasing increased licensing). Not having these features, means that monitoring with PRTG is not scalable as my company grows due to too much ticket noise and tickets being grouped under the generic "Catchall" company in Manage.

Created on Dec 29, 2020 3:01:33 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

I'll forward your feedback to the according colleagues in charge here. As my colleague mentioned you can use the API from ConnectWise to create, edit or close Tickets automatically with PRTG. Therefore you need to create according "Notification Templates" in PRTG to run an according API call with the according placeholders to show the PRTG information in your ticketing system. The same way you can also close the according ticket.

Currently there are no Ticket Systems integrated to PRTG that are directly ready to use and therefore, I don't think that there will be a change for ConnectWise in the near future.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 30, 2020 8:28:47 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

FireMedic949, You can map the emails/tickets to clients through email parsing rules in ConnectWise. We use CompanyShortName-Site: Device or something similar in the subject line and it will map to the correct client always and it will get the device correct (adding configuration to ticket) if the names match up exactly. We have a different probe for each client/site. You can customize the notification template to make it match what you need ConnectWise to see.

Setup Tables > Email Connector > Alerts (or whatever address you have them sent to).
Parsing Rules +
PRTG: {company}-{sitename}: {configname}: {problem}

I'm not sure that {problem} really does anything for us, but you can play with it.

Birk, I'm not well versed on how the API or HTTP hooks would integrate to ConnectWise. Maybe someone can figure it out and write up steps for the rest of us to follow.

As FireMedic mentioned, we end up relying on other tools to help us scale, not because they are better, but because they help our teams be more efficient with the noise.

Created on Dec 30, 2020 10:37:30 PM

Last change on Jan 4, 2021 3:29:47 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Another way we could possibly get there is through something like Zapier, if PRTG could add a Zapier integration. Zapier has actions to ConnectWise for Create Ticket and Update Ticket. Might be easier for people that don't have staff on hand to figure out APIs.

Created on Dec 30, 2020 10:40:11 PM

Votes:

There may not be a native way to do this out of the box, but I have worked with a company that was able to write me an integration between the two.

Based on Notification Triggers in PRTG, in our case if a sensor is down for 10 minutes, the integration acknowledges that alarm in PRTG. Then creates a ticket in Connectwise with a Config item that is mapped to the sensor. If the sensor comes back up and no one has touched the ticket, it closes itself. If the ticket has been touched and time entered, it changes the status to In Progress.

Food for thought.

Created on Dec 6, 2021 6:40:58 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.