What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Uptime Measure

Votes:

I have been asked to set some warning and alarm levels onto a Router Uptime Sensor. The uptime is currently measuring for example 249d. I have been asked to Alarm if its less than 2 hours uptime, Warn if between 2hrs and 40 hours and Green if beyond 2 days.. How do I set hours into the Channel Setting for the warning level ? I am presuming as it is just showing me 249d uptime the measure is days rather than hours ?

snmp system-uptime uptime

Created on Jun 11, 2020 10:40:00 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that the displayed unit is variable. If the time is very long, it's displayed in days. If the time is quite short, it's displayed in hours or days. I checked this and the limit configuration should be in seconds.

Created on Jun 11, 2020 10:53:02 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Great, many thanks for your prompt response.

Created on Jun 11, 2020 11:08:06 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.