What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification templates report

Votes:

Hi,

Many notification templates can be created in PRTG. Even though there is a main one in most cases, which is applied to all sensors (tipically for notifications to the PRTG Admin), some of them might be applied to specific machines only or even single sensors to send notifications to other contacts.

How can I get a report of which templates are used on which machines? Some months ago I created a template for a single sensor, in order to send mails to a non-IT colleague of mine in addition to the PRTG Admin, but I cannot find where it was set.

Thanks Fabrizio

mails notifications sensor templates

Created on Jun 11, 2020 5:16:06 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Fabrizio,

Apologies, but at this time we do not have any kind of reporting that would accomplish what you are looking to get out of PRTG.

I would suggest you check out the auto-discovery logs to find the information you are looking for.

C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\debug\CoreAutodiscovery.log

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 11, 2020 10:50:36 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Last change on Jun 11, 2020 10:52:22 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

That folder is empy, but I understand it's not possible on which of my 1200 sensors such notification template was used.

Created on Jun 12, 2020 1:28:55 PM

Votes:

Fabrizio,

Which version of PRTG do you have installed?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 12, 2020 8:41:51 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin, I am running version 18.4.45.1898 x64.

Fabrizio.

Created on Jun 15, 2020 12:13:27 PM

Votes:

Fabrizio,

Yes, at this time we do not support versions of PRTG that are over 1 year out of date from the current stable release. If you can, I highly suggest you update to the latest stable release.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 15, 2020 5:17:36 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.