What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

false alerts on our PRTG server from our cisco 6708 switch every day with code: PE269

Votes:

Hi Team,

We receive false alerts on our PRTG server from our cisco 6708 router every day around 10:15 p.m. errors concerning:

- System Health CPU - System Health Power Supplies - System Health Fans

Our PRTG Server is on the latest version which is : PRTG Network Monitor 20.2.59.1689 x64 Please can you help us to resolve thie issue. Many Thanks

bellow the Error: Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 101 State (chassis-1 Chassis Fan Tray 1)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 102 State (chassis-1 Power Supply 1 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 103 State (chassis-1 Power Supply 2 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 104 State (chassis-1 Power Supply 3 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 105 State (chassis-1 Power Supply 4 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 201 State (chassis-2 Chassis Fan Tray 1)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 202 State (chassis-2 Power Supply 1 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 203 State (chassis-2 Power Supply 2 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 204 State (chassis-2 Power Supply 3 Fan)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Fan 205 State (chassis-2 Power Supply 4 Fan)' (The queries for the following channel IDs returned no data: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 (code: PE269))

alerts cisco-switch prtg

Created on Jun 12, 2020 1:46:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello abdeljalil,

this error message is overly complex. It says that at that time, no OIDs are found at all on the target.

Please check if the device reboots at that time, or if there is massive load which could affect the SNMP agent.

Created on Jun 12, 2020 4:45:08 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm having the same issue now as well. This is our second largest switch and it is not rebooting nor is there a massive load on it. I've got Netflow and SNMP traffic sensors on it and can see the traffic. I'm not sure why it is doing this? Yesterday it was giving CPU and Power Supply notifications as well, when there is nothing in the switch logs and environment is checking out just fine.

I thought it may be that the scanning internals were too fast, that perhaps our PRTG installation has gotten bigger and is putting more strain on the probes, so I increased the interval a bit which helped the probes health, but I'm still getting these notifications from this switch.

Created on Nov 23, 2022 7:41:51 PM

Votes:

Hello,

the question would be, which message exactly you get in the sensor.

If it is "Undefined lookup value (0)", this could be caused by two things:

- actually getting a read of the value 0 - or getting no data at all for that OID, so that PRTG defaults it to 0

It could be the case that the device is working well but that the SNMP agent does not respond in time. Or that the OID indexes got shuffled so that PRTG queries outdated OIDs.

Created on Nov 24, 2022 11:16:23 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.