What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dynamic Channels for Json response

Votes:

Afternoon all,

I have something I have been struggling with. I am monitoring a device using the https advanced (beta) sensor. I get a json response formatted like so:

[
    {
        "name": "name 1 ",
        "healthStatus": 1,
        "id": "dffe3364-3eea-4646-bfb3-e49c027d651e"
    },
    {
        "name": "name 2",
        "healthStatus": 1,
        "id": "f3cdfds1-43f7-471a-82bf-c85dc1bfdbbc"
    }
]

I am trying to have the sensor create channels that will have the name listed under name:, and the status will be returned by "healthStatus". I am failing miserably! Can anyone help me?

dynamic httpadvancedbeta json

Created on Jun 16, 2020 6:25:57 PM

Last change on Jun 17, 2020 4:19:37 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Could you please let me know if this is the correct sensor type which you try to use?

Created on Jun 17, 2020 6:14:56 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, that is the sensor I am currently using. I am not able to get the template correct to add each of the items added as a channel with the name under the "name:" tag and the status defined by the "healthStatus" tag. I would like these to be created dynamically. I have multiple endpoints that use this format and the results have different amounts and different names that respond with this same format.

Created on Jun 17, 2020 1:10:47 PM

Votes:

Yes, I am using the http advanced sensor as described in that link. I am attempting to get the template set so that I can create channels with the name that is described in the "name:" field with the results showing the information held in "healthStatus:". I have multiple endpoints that use this api and they all return either a different number of results in this pattern, or different "names:" I need these to be created dynamically when I create the sensor. I understand they will not be added dynamically if the results change after the sensor is created, but that is ok.

Created on Jun 17, 2020 2:07:57 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I would ask you to send us screenshots of the affected sensor to [email protected] and use the following number for the subject PAE2010383. This email will open up a new ticket where I can analyze the issue further.

Thank you in advance.

Created on Jun 18, 2020 7:58:33 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.