What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

"Windows 10 - Update 2004" breaks web server custom port

Votes:

Once I applied the Microsoft Windows 204 update, the custom port for the webserver fails to work (reverts back to 443) whenever PRTG is rebooted/restarted. I have to manually go in and change the port number AND then press "Save" to get the PRTG web server back onto it's custom port number (12744). My Versions: PRTG Network Monitor 20.2.59.1689 x64 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0 Build 19041), 16 CPUs (16x x64 Model 85 Step 4), code page "Windows-1252", on VMware

custom-port prtg-webserver windows-update

Created on Jun 17, 2020 12:10:54 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Please open a support ticket as we will need logs and screenshots from you to fully evaluate this.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 17, 2020 10:11:13 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Benjamin,

Disregard.

Screenshots? Really?

I will not be able to open a support ticket, as our organization has not yet purchased PRTG.

This incident, furthermore, has discouraged our organization from purchasing PRTG - as senior management now wants me to move forward with implementing Zabbix - instead of PRTG.

Perhaps a paying customer will assist with resolving this product issue, assuming it will be affecting others as they upgrade their Windows 10 Pro machines as well...

Does Paessler not have developers on Microsoft Developers Network, that should have tested Update 2004 on PRTG to catch this issue before the Update went public?

I am sorry that PRTG did not work out for us - I really liked having the Android app and love the Android Widgets, and almost had senior management "sold" on purchasing PRTG...

Created on Jun 18, 2020 2:55:12 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, I would need screenshots to show our developers.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 19, 2020 3:58:51 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.