What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

access to sensors in prtg by snmp

Votes:

Hi. I have some program, that i want to get monitoring information from my semsors in prtg by snmp? can i do this? If there is mib for prtg?

prtg sensors snmp

Created on Jun 18, 2020 10:33:15 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please describe your inquiry more in detail? Do you want to monitor a device with SNMP? Or do you want to export sensor data from PRTG?

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 19, 2020 6:43:58 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

export sensor data from prtg

Created on Jun 19, 2020 7:04:47 AM

Votes:

I see, that PRTG MIB contains OIDs only for a trap. So i think, there is no way to export sensors data ftom PRTG by SNMP?

Created on Jun 19, 2020 7:10:31 AM

Votes:

You can not export data from PRTG using SNMP. You can create reports to get the data from the sensors, or you can use the API for this.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 19, 2020 7:17:08 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks

Created on Jun 19, 2020 8:07:40 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.