What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add sensor to device automatically per script Python/batch/PS

Votes:

Hi all,

first of all Im new to PRTG.

I want to add sensor to a device automatically with script, its doesnt matter for me on of those-: Python/batch/PS, is that possible ? if yes how?

I can add Custom Sensor, but I have to add that sensor to a device, I want automate this all.

My situation: I have deviceA and I want to add a sensorB to deviceA by script.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards Neeloj

batch prtg python

Created on Jun 18, 2020 8:59:55 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Neeloj,

I would recommend to use for this the PrtgAPI from lordmilko. Please take a look here about creating objects.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jun 19, 2020 7:34:52 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your answer @Felix, good articles I'll check them at weekend, Do you have semilar API for python?

Created on Jun 19, 2020 8:59:33 AM

Votes:

Hello Neeloj,

Since the creator of the mentioned API is lordmilko, this is a third-party tool. We are not working on a similar API.

Kind regards

Created on Jun 19, 2020 1:31:47 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you @Felix, I also dont prefer third-party tool, do you have any other suggestion for me ? to solve my task/problem?

Created on Jun 19, 2020 4:05:40 PM

Votes:

Hello Neeloj,

I'm sorry but I don't have any more suggestions. I would recommend to use the PrtgAPI from lordmilko.

Kind regards

Created on Jun 22, 2020 9:40:01 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.