What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a way to stop sensors saying down when Remote Registry service is off

Votes:

Hi All

We are currently having a problem where we have 4 scheduled task running on a server whose sensors are always saying down this is due to the Remote Registry Service not being active. I know these scheduled tasks are actually working fine it is just the Remote Registry Service only stays on for a limited amount of time whilst it is being used and then turns itself off again to save on processing power.

I have seen a few posts on here about this but they only tell me how to force the service to stay on all the time, which I would prefer not to do as this server is used for quite a few things and anyway of making things more efficient and saving processing power is always a great idea in my book.

So is there any other way to stop these sensors from constantly saying down all the time, or is forcing the Remote Registry Service to stay on all the time the only way to fix this?

Thanks,

John

prtg wmi-custom-sensor xmlexesensor

Created on Jun 22, 2020 2:57:47 PM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.