What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connecting STE2 to PRTG

Votes:

Is it possible to connect the STE2 from Hw-group to the PRTG monitoring tool ? It is this product: https://www.hw-group.com/device/ste2

The reseller told me that this device only supports SNMP and does not support SNMP traps. Do I need the SNMP traps for connecting to PRTG.

Example in the STE2 I set that the value needs to be between 10 - 40 degrees. When it is above or below I want in my map chart see that there is something wrong.

Also I have a webhook with Teams, so when the temp is above or below I want also a notification.

Is this possible with the STE2 or do I need the SNMP trap for that ?

hw-group prtg snmp ste2

Created on Jun 24, 2020 12:52:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You won't need SNMP traps to display the values of your device in PRTG. In PRTG you can import the MIB files of your device and create with SNMP Library Sensor the desired sensors for your device. To import the MIB files, you can use the MIB Importer.

For your device you will find your MIB file here.

After you created the sensor you can create a notification template. In these templates you can define how you want to be notified. This can be a notification via Teams, E-Mail and/or something else. For more detailed information about Notification Templates, please take a look here

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jun 24, 2020 2:52:08 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.