What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell EXEXML Exchange Sensor did not work

Votes:

Hello,

i have created a powershell exexml sensor. The Problem is if the user is logged on to the Probeserver, the sensor works. Is the User logged of I get an access denied back. Permissions were checked and no problems were found. It works without problems when the user is logged in. Are the settings in PRTG or the server wrong? Can someone help?

Thanks

Regards

access-denied exchange-powershell exexml

Created on Jun 25, 2020 11:49:51 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

It's possible that the script uses a already implemented session if the user is logged in the server. However, if the user is not logged in the session is not available and the error occurs. I would recommend to check whether the authentication works in the script.

Created on Jun 26, 2020 6:36:56 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have solved the problem. I have added the variables for credentials in the script and I changed from Windows Credentials to Security Context. After the change it now runs without problems.

Thanks

Regards

Created on Jun 26, 2020 6:52:41 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.